OK, I suck. It's been weeks since my last chemo, and I haven't updated my blog. Here goes...
My main complaint during Chemo 1, was that my intra-arterial line was kept in an extra 12-14 hours because it was done so late in the afternoon, that by the time I was done with the chemo (~8 PM), there was no one, in the entire MD Anderson facility, that would take it out. Well, my IA was scheduled for 12:30 PM for Chemo 2. Boy that sucked, because there is no way I am getting it out with such a late appointment. I was ready to try bribery. I was going to ask the physician assistant to come back in to work $250. Instead, they surprised me by picking me up by 8:30 AM to go down for the IA. By the time I was done with chemo (~4:30 PM), the PA was still there to take it out. What an amazing blessing, and a true answer to prayers. I swear this made a huge difference in my recovery for round 2. My doctor doubts it, but I felt much better in the hospital and out. (Another reason why I suck for not updating my blog more).
Even so, my blood work was such that I stayed in the hospital for 5 days (same as Round 1). I have to stay in the hospital until my creatinine levels out and I am able to hold down water. Given that I was on 250 mg/hr of fluids, I didn't feel much like drinking, but I tried. My levels and fluid intake were still too low to get out in four days, but I squeaked by on day five.
Chemo 3 starts on February 11. My IA is scheduled for 8:00 AM on the 12th, so hopefully that is firm enough that I get it done all in one day. My goal is to start drinking earlier, so that maybe I can get out in four days.
The other big thing coming up is a PET scan on February 8. This is a Friday, so I don't really expect to hear back until my appointments on the 11th. This scan tells us whether the chemotherapy is working. So please pray that the scan results are good, and that my tumor shows a strong response to the chemo. If the response is good, I have two more of these chemo sessions (Feb 11 and around Mar 11) then surgery (Apr 11?). If the response is bad, then they put me on a new chemo regime.

Definitely praying for my favorite SIL
ReplyDelete